ELCAP is home to numerous community groups, some of which are longstanding.
OPEL Lunch Club and Exercise Fitness Group
Elemore Ladies Club or Easington Lane & Hetton Disabled Club
Line Dancing, Exercise Fitness Group, Belly Dancing and Houghton Brass band
Monthly Community Cinema
Monthly Coffee Mornings and Dennis, our local pit pop band practice
The Ladies Club
- The Ladies Club meet fortnightly on a Tuesday evening 6.00pm - 8.30pm.
- We have a committee of 10 members who meet every few weeks to discuss future programs etc. and over 50 members.
- Each meeting has either a speaker, demonstration, competition, bingo or musical entertainment as well as outings to the theatre and day trips.
- The program varies with a view to entertain members of all ages.
- The Ladies Club is open to all women over 18 years and is a non political group that has been running since January 1961.
- The Disabled Group meet fortnightly on a Tuesday evening 6.30pm - 8.30pm on alternate weeks to the Ladies Club.
- The club was formed more than 50 years ago and continues to provide a social evening in a safe environment where people with varying disabilities can join more able bodied people and together enjoy many different activities.
- The Annual Programme of events includes musical entertainment, bingo nights, domina handicaps, craft nights and the Annual Summer Trip and Christmas Party.
- For further details please contact: Jean Merton, Secretary, Tel: 0191 5264057
- The Senior Citizens meet fortnightly on a Wednesday evening 6.00pm - 8.30pm.
- The Senior Citizens Club was established in 1974 and is one of the oldest in the area and continues to provide a focal point at which the older people of the surrounding area can meet and socialise together.
- An Annual Programme of events includes musical entertainment and the Annual Summer Trip and Christmas Party.
- New members are always welcome. For further details please contact: Mary Grey, Secretary, tel: 0191 5263577